PORTABLE APPLIANCE TESTING (PAT)
Portable-appliance testing, or PAT, is not only a legal requirement but it can also form an integral part of an organisation’s maintenance plan, allowing the maintenance manager to see which products fail and helping make decisions on replacement or repair. It is also useful in any legal disputes arising from accidents. With a well documented testing system, an organisation can prove that it did everything in its power to provide safe, usable equipment for its staff and visitors.
There are a number of benefits associated with testing your electrical equipment against faults and damages. Perhaps some of the key benefits are:
- Improved safety for workers
- Improved safety for the general public
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Decrease in Liability
- Keep track of your assets
- Enhance preventative maintenance
- Increase productivity through safe and reliable equipment
- Reduce legal risks for managers
All in all PAT Testing can provide a safe working environment while ensuring no unwanted accidents within your business.